To kick off my first DIY post, I thought this hand scrub would be perfect!
This homemade hand scrub is AMAZING! It’s easy and quick to make and perfect for these winter months. My inspiration came from The Beauty Department’s – Kitchen Beautician tutorial.
It’s perfect for use at home, at the office or to make as a gift for a friend. I made a few for friends and family and they love it! I use this scrub at night so the oils can soak into my skin while I’m sleeping.
This is a fun project and you might have most or all of the ingredients in your kitchen!
Here is what you need:
- ¼ cup coarse sugar
- half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- jojoba oil (olive oil, vitamin e or anything else you prefer)
- mason jar
- spoon or spatula
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until coconut oil chucks have disappeared. Consistency should be creamy. That’s it. It’s so easy!
If you don’t have coarse sugar you can use brown sugar or salt. Also, you don’t have to use jojoba oil. There are so many wonderful and amazing essential oils out there. I choose jojoba oil but I have also made some with vitamin e. Get creative!
- Scrub your hands for 2 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water (no soap).
- Allow the remaining oils to stay on your hands and soak into your skin.
- Pat your hands dry with a towel.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or cool dry place.
Don’t your hands feel incredibly soft? Let me know how yours turn out.